Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Many Food Writer’s Diary readers count calories

January 20

Apologies for my silence over the past week. I’m not ignoring you, just, you know, meeting deadlines and stuff. But I have many exciting stories of blowfish and book launches, casseroles and sheet cakes.

But if nothing else, I need a new poll, because the old one has closed.
I asked Food Writer's Diary readers if posting of calorie information on menus would affect what you order.
If you don’t eat at chain restaurants in New York City, the question is theoretical, but here in the Big Smoke such information has been on menus and menu boards of chains with 15 or more units (nationwide) since mid-July. Similar laws are likely to sweep the nation sooner rather than later.
Thirty-two of you were kind enough to participate in the poll. These are the results:

WOULD POSTING OF CALORIE INFORMATION ON MENUS AFFECT WHAT YOU ORDER?

Yes: 15 (46%)

No: 9 (28%)

Maybe: 8 (25%)

If you feel like participating in a new poll, I'd like to ask why you pick the restaurants you do.

Thank you.

No comments: