Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Almost forgot...

June 10

You might remember that I made some predictions about who would win the Beard Awards.
I didn’t do that well, but I didn’t do that badly, either. I got seven out of 19, which is exactly how well I did last year.
For a full list of winners click here.
Below, are the ones I got right:

Outstanding chef: Grant Achatz of Alinea in Chicago
Outstanding restaurant:Gramercy Tavern in New York
Best chef in the Mid-Atlantic: Eric Ziebold of CityZen in Washington, D.C.
Best chef in the Midwest:Adam Siegal of Bartolotta’s Lake Park Bistro in Milwaukee
Best chef in New York City: David Chang of the Momofuku restaurants
Best chef in the Northwest: Holly Smith of Café Juanita in Kirkland, Wash.
Best chef in the Southwest: Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson of Frasca Food and Wine in Boulder, Colo.

No comments: